Tuesday, December 8, 2009

South London - 8Bar Sublow




Here's a mix I did for Thematic Mixtapes.com This is just friends from work and assorted strays and connections. The theme of this mix is cities and I choose South London/ I guess that's not really a city but an area. I was in Croydon/Victoria in 2000-2001 NYE for a couple of weeks, and had a blast. I wasn't into dubstep at the time time, but still went to plenty of DNB gigs (Bar Rhumba, Fabric, Milton Keyes)... so I did a half dubstep/ half dnb mix. I'm not a DJ so it's all done inside Soundtrack Pro which is kind of shit for this, but Logic seemed to big of a challenge to relearn just for a for-fun kind of mix. It's definitely not in line with the caliber of mixes I post up on here, but whatever, it was fun to make.

South London - 8Bar Sublow
Selection and mix by jcrash
1. Joker - Gullybrook Lane
2. Mala - Level 9
3. Emalkay - Angie Got Stoned
4. The Bug ft. Warrior Queen - Poison Dart (Skream Remix)
5. Coki - Sponge Bob
6. Benga & Coki - Night
7. Benga - Crunked Up
8. Digital Mystikz - Cybe
9. Bar 9 - Malicious Thoughts
10. Reso - Beasts in the Basement
11. Rusko - Cockney Thug
12. Chase & Status - Eastern Jam
13. Jakes - Rock The Bells
14. Emalkay - Explicit
15. Tempa T - Next Hype (Plastician Remix)
16. Zinc - Stomp Them Out (?) ft. Nolay
17. Dizzee Rascal - Sirens (Chase & Status Remix)
18. Decoder - Hord 39
19. Bad Company U.K. - Sentient
20. Dillinja - I Told You How To Rock

No comments: