Monday, December 12, 2011

Bashy feat Giggs - Backhand P.R.I.C.K.S

Bangers and Smash tipped me off to another hot one. Bashy kills it with this rather even-handed but thugged-out tune about haters and envious fanboys. Seem's to be alot of that going around at the moment with D Double E doing a similar tune called "Never Be Like Me" or some shit. Anyways I prefer the Bashy one as the beats are way more aggy with military snares layer with white noise claps and big slapping sub.

"You know why I got white gold and platinum? - Why's that? Because I wasn't born with a silver spoon and I grind for that money, fam. I grind for it." Motion graphics are on the crude side for this video with brightly colored late 90's styled vector art that's a bit on the sloppy side. Kinetic type treatment, jump cuts, twitches and crude transitions actually make this very watchable. The animations are a bit rough and visual themes are obvious but that's the point. It unifies it in a raw aesthetic that vibes well the sonic growl of Bashy and Giggs. The video ends with a great quote form Honore De Balzac "Envy is the most stupid of vices, for there is no single advantage to be gained from it."

No comments: