Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Buck 65 - Superstars Don’t Love Video

BUCK 65 "Superstars Don't Love" from Travis Hopkins on Vimeo.

Back after a long holiday break, thought I'd post up this lovely little typographic movie-card-title inspired video by Travis Hopkins for Buck 65. I got this one from my favorite comics blog Bleeding Cool, surprisingly enough. As Travis says in his interview on Art of The Title,:
With “Superstars Don’t Love,” I wanted to show that kinetic type animation could be more about design than just your average “see and say."
. While the beats are minimal and the rhymes flow in a easy midwest nerd-core style, I think title design style of the video really pulls it all together and puts a bow on this tune. Otherwise I would have probably just breezed past it to be honest. I get it. It's lyrically nostalgic, musically forward yet stripped-down, and visually a vintage remix. Works for me.

No comments: